Audigy 2 ZS Plat Pro Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius

Beta member
Hi,

Heres my problem (btw, Ive just typed it all out once but the sodding register box came back! :( so heres the shortened version)

Basicly, I cannot record anymore. Nothing, zippo, nada. No channels seem to take input whatsoever. Ive tried drivers, leads, mixer settings, port settings, ports, formatting my hard disk and reinstalling WinXP PRO, reinstalling to another PCI slot....etc etc.

If you know this model device, it has a PCI card and breakout box for the desktop connectivity. All the recording inputs are on the breakout box.

The rest of it is fine, the CMSS seems to switch itself on, but even when its off it doesnt work. The rest of it plays fine, the MIDI leads are fine, the sound output is fine. Its purely and singularly a recording problem.

Im having no luck whatsoever determining the cause, not on the net or amongst other friends. I just dont know what do do. Its not a cheap card and Im thourougly dissapointed its only lasted a matter of months. It was woking fine, then one day, nothing on the recording.

All anyone tells me is to uncheck a tickbox - which never is, disable the onboard Soundstorm in Bios - which there isnt an option for, and to reinstall the drivers or update the drivers. None of this has helped so far.......has anyone come across this problem before or heard about it before?. Anyone any other tips what I havent tried?

Ive been without recording function for over a month now, and I cannot make music without it. Its driving me bonkers. It is an expensive card too, and I must say Im very dissapointed that there is an error with it.

I just dont know what to do next besides have a confrontation with some shop owner for some kind of refund/replacement which Im dreading, or just throw away the bloody thing and buy something right. Im really at my far end with it. I was in love with it when I baught it, but its sour now. Id like to get it going, but its proving difficult.

Any tips welcome.

Thanks

Sirius.

well, you pretty much covered everything. i don't want to tell you again what to do but i suggest you take it step by step.

first check the sound properties. also check if the Recording Device in the Audio properties is your sound card.make sure you are connecting the outside source to the right input in the back of your card.

we'll need more details:

OS (Operating System)
Device you're connecting

Thanks Kostas, Ive checked what you mention, all is set right but still no joy recording.

I suppose Im getting deep, trying to figure out if its possible to blow a certain socket or part of the motherboard or breakout box or PCI card thats dedicated to the recording aspect.

Im coming to the conclusion that there is something fundamentally wrong with this model of soundblaster products, and there inlies the dilemma when I try and get a replacement. I dont think Id want to chance another one, because its obviously flawed somehow on poor hardware. Its a shame, cos it was otherwise perfect for all I could want, but now I dont know what Im going to say - I may have to demand a monetary reinbursement rather than an exhange of another box, if even that happens.

Im running XP Pro, AMD Athlon 3200+, Nvidea Nforce 2 (mkII)with the latest Soundstorm (which doesnt work as the SB has knocked it out), Asus Radeon A9600XT , corsair 1gbDDR double card memory, soundblaster Augigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Pioneer 107 DVDRW combi, BT modem, Tagan PSU, etc etc.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2ZS_platinum_pro/

Thanks

Sirius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom