Audigy 2 Platinum Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

4getit

Beta member
Okay, here's the problem (it's a long one):

I got the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum (not ex) sound card and I seem to be having a problem. I can hear the sounds, but only faintly because my speakers put out tons and tons of static! These aren't cpu speakers, so I thought it was a compatability issue, so i tried some computer speakers from the other computer. Exact same problem. I've looked, and everything seems to be connected right. I checked the faq and soundblaster.com and the closest thing they've listed to my problem is popping and static noises during dvds (i don't have a dvd player) and says that the system is sub-par to requirements. I don't believe it is, because I met all requirements on the box and, as I said, it runs all sounds just fine, but with lots of static. I even played a game that always crashed on me due to sound related problems (morrowind) and it ran great, and the sounds never missed a cue, there is just overwhelming amounts of static.

I'm thinking I've misconnected something, but I can't find anything. Any ideas?

Specs:
-28 gigs between two hard drives (14 free gigs and req says have 600 mb free)

-256 megs pc100 bus ram (if it's hardware issue, it's probobly this, even though req only requires 64 mb, but it's not pc133...)

-Intel Pentium 4 Motherboard and Processor (req says Pentium II or higher)

-Nvidia GeForce 4 TI 4200

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome

AHHHHHHHHH

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS REALLY GETTING ME MAD IT SHUTS OFF MY COMPUTER EVERY TIME I TRY TO CLICK THE EAX CONSOLE.! I HAVE AN E-MACHINE SORRY 2 SAY 20 GB 6 GB 350 AMD , 256+128 RAM FAST CD BURNER WINDOWS 2000 AND I REALLY HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS LIKE WHY DOSE'NT MY MIDI CONTROLLER WORK

hey make sure you're pluging the speakers into the right output connection on the card *shrugs*

Update your drivers and that will fix the Reboot problem. That was the fix I used. The static sound, I have not found a resolution to, sorry to say...

I think I had the same problem just yesterday

I upgrade my system a couple of days ago, new motherboard and processor, so I had to reformat my drive. I did, and reinstalled all my components again. But I later found out I forgot to install some wires connecting the front hub to the soundcard. The first time I installed the drivers for Audigy 2 Platinum, there was more static than music, and even when I turn the volume up, it still sounds faint (similar?). So what I did is try to unistall the drivers, fixed the connection, and reinstall the drivers/programs. That's when the real problem started for me.

After installation, it said I had to reboot my computer (which it did automatically). But after the Windows XP Professional logo prior to start up, my computer crashes. It would not run properly. Every other bootup would take me to a screen to run my OS in safe mode, but nothing good really came out of it. After restarting from safe mode, same thing: the computer shuts down.

So I had to reformat my drive AGAIN, and after that, it ran fine. I don't know if you want to go and reformat your hard drive again, but it's an option.

okk okk i think i found the problem! goo 2 the back of your computer take it out of the out put, put(put meaning what ever you have the sound connected to) it in the third hole from the fire wire port then it should work oh yea go to your mixer look in the lower left cornner see were it says digital output make sure there IS NO CHECK THERE hopefully it should work if not get a nu 1! ahahha sike good luck and check how many speakers you use cuz im useing a mixer ad it gose out to speakers but yea holla

Wow, I don't know where to begin, first of all, the audigy has like one connection for analog output, and two or three for digital, but digital connections can actually cause a loss in sound quality. I had a set of digital speakers that I stopped using on my Audigy because they just didn't sound good. Second, it could be your 100 bus, as the data transfer between your onboard sound and your audigy could be too slow, but has the problem been with computer files or simply sounds that you are routing through the Comp?....if both are poor quality, then it is definitely the slow bus issue, however if it's just the routed sounds that are problematic, then it's likely a music hardware problem, like XLR connections on a mixboard or something....Now, if it's just the Computer files that are no good, then it is likely you need updated drivers, however it could also be the settings you've got on your console...try messing with the Bass Management, or lowering the levels on the Mixing console...I'm not sure about compatibility either, as the audigy is known for compatibility issues with cd burning software...I have to disable my cd burning app before I use anything from my sound card, or else I get similar problems to Illippinno's....I should also mention, that the audigy is great for comp applications, but when you use it with outside music gear, it usually still needs some amplification....it's like, I could run my guitar straight through the Audigy(usually, I do) but then the sound is so quiet, that every volume setting has to be at 100% so instead it has to be routed through my mixboard(which amps a little)and then through a final amp, to get decent sound....as a stand alone, it outputs at levels acceptable for listening but not recording(though you didn't mention throughput) good luck, though..........let me know how you work it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom