Audigy 2 Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToKeN

In Runtime
I am a developing audiophile with a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2. I am demanding a better quality sound from my Logitech z-5300E's but the interface for this card does not provide many features for tweaking audio such as a full equalizer and VU metres. I do not like using equalizers such as those found in Winamp or WMP because they are processed in software and sound like crap. I was wondering if there are any ways to tweak my audio to how I want it either through modified drivers or other software.

I want to enhance my Metallica listening experiance. :D

Thanks in advance. :cool:

The Audigy 2 is a good card and has all the on board stuff (in drivers etc) to do the tweaking and the quailty is the best your going to get out of a sound card.

The problem is that your speakers are little satelites, which by their very natrue sound flat and weady. Especially given that they are slimmer than many of their counterparts. If you want a good Metalica experience the only way you'll get it is a full Amp and some decent speakers. Besides which your 280Watt speakers are definately over powered for what they are.

Thing is speakers need to be big for the sound to be deep and good and fulfilling.

I suggest you go and buy an Amp, spend no less than £ 200 (otherwise you get a crappy one) and go crazy with the amount you spend on the floor standing speakers, if you have to sell your liver to afford them you've done good.

NB this is just the view of me, a bloke who has sadley turned into an audio snob. But I tell you the richness of sound you get from real speakers - it'll make you cry. If only I had a Vogon Constructor Fleet.

yes i agree with "jono199" the best sound you can get is from stereo speakers......i have altec lansing cpu speakers and they sound alright, but i also have a 600watt amp with 2 15" subs and 5.1 suround ..that i hook my soundcard to throuhg the speaker port......it's great sound not to mention 5.1 dolby, your best bet is to spend a lil money and get a good pair of stereo speakers:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom