Audigy 2 and connecting front case audio ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombieman513

Beta member
I'm currently using a SB Audigy 2 soundcard by Creative and am trying to connect the mic and audio-out ports on the front of my case to the card. Unfortunately, I can't figure out which pins they should connect to. The card itself doesn't specify any pin sets for mic or audio-out, and I'm unable to find anything showing the pinout assignments either in Creative's support database or the manual for my specific card.

I've emailed Creative's support staff who, after several emails, basically told me that they cannot provide the pinout assignments to the public and that connecting the specified ports could damage my card and void the warranty (which is ridiculous). They would not even give me a description of where to connect the ports.

I've been searching Google all along as well for some sort of information regarding the assignments, but to no avail.

Has anyone here had this sort of problem before, specifically with an Audigy 2? I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Let me know if you need any further details.

I have gone though this, and finally just gave up. I found a better solution and used that anyway.
Although Creative is very good, they are very tight about their products. They would rather you buy the Live Drive then give out the pinnings for the connections.
best of luck in your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom