ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe PCI-E x1 sound card, worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
If you dont have surround sound speakers why would you go for a surround sound card? Kinda defeats the purpose. Using a 2.1 set of speakers wont do anything for you with a 7.1 card. Cant emulate surround sound with a 2.1 set unless they are from Bose. :p

If you dont have surround sound speakers why would you go for a surround sound card? Kinda defeats the purpose. Using a 2.1 set of speakers wont do anything for you with a 7.1 card. Cant emulate surround sound with a 2.1 set unless they are from Bose. :p

who says i need surround sound? I could still get the best quality out of a 2.1 set of speakers. I dont need 7.1, that is ridiculous and takes too much power to run, plus there is no installation in the walls, my folks wouldnt like the idea ;).

Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express Interface Audio/Video Enhancement Combo Card - Sound Cards

first ever sound card to decode Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-MA. I want to get it so badly but idk if i have another molex cable to power it, all mine are used.

worth it? I want the best sound in video games and Blu-ray movies, i have the Lite-On SATA x4 Blu-ray drive. I should wait for the price to go down huh?

i have 2.1 Saitek speakers, 80w, so ya.

Those right there say you need 5.1 as those are surround sound processes. They are not used for stereo processing. Dolby Digital and DTS are way beyond 2.1 sound and you would need a 5.1 setup to get any advantage out of that sound card.

The only way you would get any advantage would be with Dolby Surround II which can take a stereo signal and convert it to 5.1 sound for output. But then again it wouldnt be of a advantage to you cause you are not going to use 5.1 sound.

There will be no gain. Those processes are for surround. You might get a bit of clearer sound from them for your stereo. But nothing that would make the card worth the expense.

Those right there say you need 5.1 as those are surround sound processes. They are not used for stereo processing. Dolby Digital and DTS are way beyond 2.1 sound and you would need a 5.1 setup to get any advantage out of that sound card.

The only way you would get any advantage would be with Dolby Surround II which can take a stereo signal and convert it to 5.1 sound for output. But then again it wouldnt be of a advantage to you cause you are not going to use 5.1 sound.

There will be no gain. Those processes are for surround. You might get a bit of clearer sound from them for your stereo. But nothing that would make the card worth the expense.

aww. Mine has Dolby Digital EX n DTS EX :(. I want clearer sound is all, but i see what ur saying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom