Asrock 4Core1600TWINS-P35 MOBO Onboard sound not being recognized..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optional

Baseband Member
I keep getting an error when I try and use the onboard sound. Apparently it's better than my Audigy 4. Which doesn't seem to want to work either. I just purchased this Mobo today, everything seems to be working but my sound.. hmm.

Edit: Should i download the Realtek ALC888 driver?

Vista or XP? I know of some good drivers to use for the Audigy if you want them.

But you should try the Asrock site for the sound drivers for onboard.

I'm using XP. I found and downloaded Realtek ALC888 audio driver for XP. So i'll give that whirl.

What audigy drivers do you speak of? I'd like to test them out. The XP driver doesn't seem to want to work for me..

Newpost, sorry. Can't edit my old one for some reason..

The realtek driver's did not work. It's not giving me the error anymore, I'm just not hearing any sound.. the plugs for my 5.1 logitech speakers are colour coded, so i've put them into the right ones..

edit:

It seems to work when I put it on 8 speakers. yet I only have 5 + sub. This is making front left and front right not work.. but it's treating them as if they are center left, and center right =\ I don't really see a difference. For gaming, I don't know yet. There any way i can make it 5.1?

edit:

yes indeed, it sounds odd in gaming. I was standing near a fire in World of Warcraft, and surround sound would work for the back right/left speakers. When i spun my character around, the fire wouldnt come out of front left/center/right =\. It appears as though I get sound effects from back right/left, and music from everything else.. lol

edit:

again, sorry haha. I fooled around with where i pluged the speakers into my mobo. I got it to work.. mostly. the back right speaker is just not producing any sound now..Everything else works fine :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom