Armour Plated DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private_Shon

In Runtime
TDK has released an Armour Plated DVD, and its a DVD Minus, I'm wondering why they don't make +. Also, are they that "scratch resistant?"

I saw a review of the Armor Plated CD-Rs in Maximum PC a while back. They dropped it on coarse concrete and dragged it around with their shoe and couldn't scratch it.

which side of the cdr did they try to scratch.........contrary to popular belief, with cdr's anyway, its the TOP surface thats important, thats where the aluminum oxide layer is, scratches to the bottom can cause problems, but very slight scratches in the top are doom........check the ad and see.A second coating across the top on cdrs fixes that though

dvd's are a little tougher to protect, especially dvd9's

You are right about the top side being important. You would think that they know this and make the top and bottom stronger.

Yea the top is important, too. I'm sure the people at TDK took that into consideration. Can't remember if the reviewers tested both sides, it was quite a while ago, but I'd imagine they did.

Also, why do you want DVD+R so bad? From any reputable source I've always heard that minus is generally more compatible. I hear people on forums claim + is better, but any sites with data to back it up that I've seen tend to show dvd-r with like a fraction of a % better compatibility. Plus, "DVD-R" looks cooler than "DVD+R." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom