Apple Ipod Classic 160GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzi9mm

Fully Optimized
Is it just me or is the sound quality on this iPod, well.... subpar.

Do I have a defective iPod? or does my little $50 SanDisk Sansa really out perform this $245 behemoth in the sound department.

PS: I have tried EVERYTHING, different music, 3 different pairs of headphones (stock, skull candies, and even reference phones) Different EQ Settings..... I still get a high treble crackle and low frequency crackling.

It is brand new...

Just returned it, after doing research and seeing some other people saying the same thing........

just as an update.... I did some research and decided that the Zune line-up would be a good choice. I ended up with a Zune HD 32GB and it has to be the best media player I have ever owned.

I remember when I bought the 1st GEN Nano, it was great, but IMO the Apple line-up is on the decline when it comes to technical quality.

My fiance has the 80gb model from that set of iPod Classics, it's got fine audio quality so long as you don't turn it all the way up.

I recommend that you visit anythingbutipod.com/forum. Those folks over there know an incredible amount about this subject.

I would like to suggest that you look at the question a tad differently then you have already. Since your Ipod Classic is an IPod people will buy the unit regardless of price and/or quality because its trendy and they recognize the label Ipod. Therefore the Ipod can deliver significantly worse sound quality at a significantly higher price because its an Ipod and people buy it simply because its an ipod. MP3 players on the other hand do not have the recognition and the market share that the Ipod does so they need something else to sell the products, and that something is price and quality. MP3 players deliver significantly higher quality at a significantly lower price because they have to, if they didn't no one would buy them.

iPods are known for their sub-par audio quality compared to pretty much everything else out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom