Anyone watch TV on your pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katzrock

Beta member
Hi all,

I am considering using the "watch tv on your pc" websites as an alternative to my expensive sat. tv! My pc is around 15'-20' from the tv in another room. What are my options here;

Other than running cables for that distance, is there some sort of remote control setup available for this purpose? Does anyone here do this? Do you have any good website recommendations?

Is there problem with lag, etc?

Thanks! :)

Well depending on your connection I doubt there would be lag, however it all depends on the website. They usually tend to be extremely low quality and if you're watching it via flash from your browser its probably a rerun.

You need third party programs to watch Live streams and what not (Guys correct me if I'm wrong)

Hello,

Which country are you in?

In the UK, there's a free and legal online TV service called TVCatchup. It allows UK residents to watch digital terrestrial television (DVB-T) on their PCs via the Internet. Channels are streamed in flash format within the browser. The quality is good. I watch all my television via this free service.

Alvin.C,

I am in the US. I am not aware of any tv service here that you mentioned such as is available to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom