anyone know of good car subwoofers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My amp and home subwoofer enclosure (9 cubic ft) and speaker

Stereo.1.jpg

jbl.jpg

alright thanks but im not sure i want to get the jbl because lol your gonna think this is stupid but it has a plain face. theres nothing interesting about which gives it kind of a cheap look. i like the alpine because it has a nice beautiful face. kinda like why people buy apple computers even tho pc are so much better cough dont reply to that dont wanna start a flame war its my opinion live with it dont argue... but yea anyway the alpine look awesome but can u give like a link of a box design. doesnt need to be an actual buying link cause i can get the box custom made for my car.

http://www.techist.com/showthre...5510&perpage=15

as for that i kinda need some trunk space lol dont really want a huge 18 in sub that 5 ft long

NewCents05 said:
alright thanks but im not sure i want to get the jbl because lol your gonna think this is stupid but it has a plain face. theres nothing interesting about which gives it kind of a cheap look. i like the alpine because it has a nice beautiful face. kinda like why people buy apple computers even tho pc are so much better cough dont reply to that dont wanna start a flame war its my opinion live with it dont argue... but yea anyway the alpine look awesome but can u give like a link of a box design. doesnt need to be an actual buying link cause i can get the box custom made for my car.

http://www.techist.com/showthre...5510&perpage=15

as for that i kinda need some trunk space lol dont really want a huge 18 in sub that 5 ft long

to each his own. I didn't buy those 2226 woofers for the same reason when I drove to parts express (daton Ohio). I had own the 2 of the jbl 1500 gti in my car for over 10 years when they died 2 years ago. I was going to buy them, but they look too plain so I bought the kove armeggeddons instead

hear a picture of what the kove's really look like. I know that they have the big surround, but I set the crossover to 50hz and face them backward in the car, so that kinda offset the deficiency

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70718

head to www.alpine1.com for a box size

yea but that has a pretty thick surrounding. ok i dont really care about how the bass sounds
i want it to vibrate the car basically so i think the eclipse would be the best bet for that. the alpine or jbl probably sounds better but the eclipse looks more powerful.

NewCents05 said:
yea but that has a pretty thick surrounding. ok i dont really care about how the bass sounds
i want it to vibrate the car basically so i think the eclipse would be the best bet for that. the alpine or jbl probably sounds better but the eclipse looks more powerful.

LOL now that's funny. their spiders always separate from the voice coil (it's hard to glue aluminium to stuff. I have personally repaired at least 12 eclipse speakers with this problem). they also make funny metallic noise due to them being aluminium. if you send too much power to them they will dent and be forever damage (when this effect happen to paper cone, they will dent for a millisecond and then immediately return to their regular paper form)

putting all of that aside. they won't produce a third of the sound that the jbl's can. for one they only work for small seal enclosures and they don't handle power well. they also have a progresive spider. you are better off using the alpines. I just sold my cousin a pair of eclipse 12 for 100 bucks even though they were worth way more than that (they retail for like 350 bucks a piece). I just didn't want him coming back complaining about them.

those eclipse are just for show, not performance

this is what I was talking about earlier. there are a lot of speaker looking powerful these day, but that don't mean anything. it's the technology that into them. I am audio expert. just trust me when I say that you won't find a more powerful speaker than those jbl.t he aura that's I mention before and maybe some digital design speakers can hang with them, but that it. the phoenix gold stoker were as loud, maybe louder, but they sound horrible.

my friend have some autobahn immortals that weigh almost 100 apiece and they look like the most powerful speakeres that you have ever seen, but they are not as loud as the jbl. over the 10 yearts that I had those 15's I would alway buy the latest great speakers that would come out, Because I would alway get bored with the jbl because I had them too long. anyway I would alway take those speeaker back to the store as they couldn't approach the sound level limit of the jbl.

so do you think the aplines are a good buy? they run around the same price as the eclipse

what about rockford fosgate t2 subs
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JrCj4Pz9gcN/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=575T212D2
i dont kno much about them but they loook daaaaaaamnnnn good. really like the all metal looking sub but im not sure if it can perform.
plus im not so sure about the "wearing them in" part like its a baseball glove or something.i mean my uncle has amps everywhere in his house so im sure i can feed power to the sub but yeah.

im gonna go to my local car electronic store to see if they have the alpines swx-1242d so i can hear them.

NewCents05 said:
so do you think the aplines are a good buy? they run around the same price as the eclipse

what about rockford fosgate t2 subs
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JrCj4Pz9gcN/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=575T212D2
i dont kno much about them but they loook daaaaaaamnnnn good. really like the all metal looking sub but im not sure if it can perform.
plus im not so sure about the "wearing them in" part like its a baseball glove or something.i mean my uncle has amps everywhere in his house so im sure i can feed power to the sub but yeah.

im gonna go to my local car electronic store to see if they have the alpines swx-1242d so i can hear them.

I've never messed with them, so I wouldn't know. however if they are aluminiumthey already have 2 thing against them (matallic sound and possibility of denting at high power levels). if you like them go for it.

these were the audiobahn and the Digital Designs that I was talking about. I can't find a pic of the aura

Audiobahn.jpg

Audiobahnfront.jpg

DD.jpg

yea they are made out of aluminum so i guess i wont try it

how much are those audiobahns those look nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom