Status
Not open for further replies.
Topic closed by request.

Reopened by request.

Thread cleaned up. Play nice please? :p

Everyone's happy now.

Ignore all above posts that are either flaming or rude :D

1812 overture. nuff said

I have a dts dvd somewhere. but the file sile is huge. I also have a kraftwerk dvd audio disc.

I see theres more than one 1812 overture. the one by Tchaikovsky ??

I see theres more than one 1812 overture. the one by Tchaikovsky ??

yes. if it's recorded properly there will be no noise during the quiet and low spots. if you have the right kind subwoofer you can hear (feel) the 5hz note when the cannons go off. you will miss that experience if you woofer only go down to 40-30 hz or higher

i'm trying to figure how get my home server to play the kraftwerk dvd audio through the optical out. creative media player (the only player that I've found that can play it. I haven't had any luck with dvd audio solo) has a block on the optical to prevent copying (I guess that they don't know that alcohol 120 can copy it). it can play it through analog.

i don't want to buy a dvd player just to play dvd audio. I used to have a 2000.00 pioneer elite dvd player that played it but the laser started having issue when switching to the dual layer part of dvds so I sold it to pawn shop for 400 bucks while it still had value

yes. if it's recorded properly there will be no noise during the quiet and low spots. if you have the right kind subwoofer you can hear (feel) the 5hz note when the cannons go off. you will miss that experience if you woofer only go down to 40-30 hz or higher

i'm trying to figure how get my home server to play the kraftwerk dvd audio through the optical out. creative media player (the only player that I've found that can play it. I haven't had any luck with dvd audio solo) has a block on the optical to prevent copying (I guess that they don't know that alcohol 120 can copy it). it can play it through analog.

i don't want to buy a dvd player just to play dvd audio. I used to have a 2000.00 pioneer elite dvd player that played it but the laser started having issue when switching to the dual layer part of dvds so I sold it to pawn shop while it still had value

Ah...<snipped>, i have a small suspicion that my little monitors with 6 3/4" Drivers won't deliver this :rolleyes:

Eric, i can't find any commercial subwoofer that can go down to 5hz without major rolloff, ive looked at everything. All the way up to massive dual 10" driver 93kg REL Subwoofers with 500W continuous power, and there Studio reference.

Let me guess, you built this subwoofer which is capable of it yourself ?

Oh crap !!!! I just tried to move my behringers, the powercable came out a little so was a bad connection, a load of crackling and hiss and popping started and the clipping light for the amps came on :eek: That is never a good thing :mad:

Ah...<snipped>, i have a small suspicion that my little monitors with 6 3/4" Drivers won't deliver this :rolleyes:

Eric, i can't find any commercial subwoofer that can go down to 5hz without major rolloff, ive looked at everything. All the way up to massive dual 10" driver 93kg REL Subwoofers with 500W continuous power, and there Studio reference.

Let me guess, you built this subwoofer which is capable of it yourself ?

Oh crap !!!! I just tried to move my behringers, the powercable came out a little so was a bad connection, a load of crackling and hiss and popping started and the clipping light for the amps came on :eek: That is never a good thing :mad:

with the except of some vendolyne, hsu and carver subs, you would have to build it. my jbl (in my custom 9 cubic ft box) would go down to 17 hz which mean the fundamental harmonic could make a 5 hz note so i could tell. you will need a humongous box to get the effect

I actually like 1812 Overture eric, currently putting it on cd at wave, about 200mb for each of 4 different variations of it, so it doesn't quite fit onto a cd. And thats the only thing my dads rotel CD player will play, Wav.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom