to anyone with an audigy 2, or possibly any other creative card

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshd

Fully Optimized
when you open the 'surround mixer' from the system tray, how long does it take to open?

mine takes 3-4 seconds, and it is very annoying. is there any way i can fix this?

lol for me, sometimes its in the tray, sometimes its not.. i wanted to test it now but its not in the tray, lol.

Never installed it.......
The actually sound blaster drivers cause my computer to crash with my audigy ex.....

SB knows this, and they dont care because they are a crummy asian company now....that doesnt care about its customers...

I used to have Audigy 2, it didn't take me long at all, but that was when I had my gaming computer. (Intel P4 3.6GHz, Mushkin 2x1024mb ram, Nvidia GeForce 256 DDR)

aliasaid said:
lol for me, sometimes its in the tray, sometimes its not.. i wanted to test it now but its not in the tray, lol.

Do you use Norton AntiVirus? If so, thats the problem. Norton doesn't like it so there are conflicts sometimes and the mixer doesn't start. I switched to Trend Micro and haven't had a problem since.

joshd: Its normal for it to take a few seconds.. its basically a hidden program. It isn't the same as the windows volume bar... its like your hiding a program in the taskbar, so it takes a minute to load just like a normal program.

All is good

how can you not wait 3-4 seconds?!?! you are going to die when you are loading for BF2. that takes 45 sec or more usualy.

no i don't use norton i use AVG..

and hte mixer is in the tray at this moment.. :D

well i expect to wait a while for a game... if you just need to quickly unmute the mic or something for some reason, it is very annoying. i use AVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom