Anybody have the Insignia NS-B2111

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
insigpic.jpg

How do you like them? I'm considering getting a pair to upgrade my PC sound from my current Logitech Z-230. I'd also be getting an amp, of course, and a powered subwoofer. Let me know what you think about them.

Whats your budget ? you could do better than that.

active monitors would be even easier.

Whats your budget ? you could do better than that.

active monitors would be even easier.
Yeah, AM's would be way easier, but for the music I listen to they just don't cut it for me. I considered them first and went out and listened to some that were in my price range, below $150, and didn't find anything that put a smile on my face.

I went and picked up my Insignia's the other day, I brought them home and hooked them up to my Onkyo HT-S790 home theater system (putting them in place of the fronts) and now my wife won't let me disconnect them. She's not an audio person by any stretch of the imagination, I didn't even expect her to hear a difference, but she absolutely loves them! They sound so much better than the Onkyo's, it's embarrasing cause we paid $400 for that system, and it retails for like $500. So to have some $50 speakers come in and liven up the sound, so much that my wife noticed the difference and fell in love with them, is amazing to me.

That's one heck of a story.

What didn't you like about AM's ? that they lacked musicality ?

Oreo,

He already said.

I considered them first and went out and listened to some that were in my price range, below $150, and didn't find anything that put a smile on my face.

He did not find anything in his price range that satisfied him. So please stop trying to push them. He tried them and didnt like them. Remember Audio is objective to each person. He didnt like AM.

rkf76,

I have a similar story. I did this with a set of speakers on my home theater setup. My wife wouldnt let me take back my speakers either. So it does happen. Gotta love when the wife makes a decision liek that right. ;) :p

Cheers,
Mak

Mak,

I know - wasn't trying to push him just intrigued that's all. I was asking *Why* they didn't put a smile on his face ;)

And it's a shame woman don't make more good decisions like that :D

That's one heck of a story.

What didn't you like about AM's ? that they lacked musicality ?
I loved the clarity and separation, but I also like my music a bit more colorful too so the freq response was just a bit too flat for me to really enjoy. I have lovely car audio, lovely home audio, then flat pc audio, just wouldn't work for me. But if I listened to classical or even Jazz, I think it would be a no brainer. I mostly listen to rap/R&B.

rkf76,

I have a similar story. I did this with a set of speakers on my home theater setup. My wife wouldnt let me take back my speakers either. So it does happen. Gotta love when the wife makes a decision liek that right. ;) :p

Cheers,
Mak
At first I thought she was joking but she's serious as a heart attack. I kinda felt robbed but it's ok cause I get to enjoy both sets so it's all good.

I loved the clarity and separation, but I also like my music a bit more colorful too so the freq response was just a bit too flat for me to really enjoy. I have lovely car audio, lovely home audio, then flat pc audio, just wouldn't work for me. But if I listened to classical or even Jazz, I think it would be a no brainer. I mostly listen to rap/R&B.

At first I thought she was joking but she's serious as a heart attack. I kinda felt robbed but it's ok cause I get to enjoy both sets so it's all good.

Ah yes i im sure you would find AM's lacking in adequate amounts of bass for rap and rnb music.

yeah, dont expect to find decent sounding monitors for $150.

Now lets say you had a budget of $400-$500 each, you would get very very nice active monitors, with loud punchy and clear bass.

EVENT SP6's/SP8's are a good example.

Ah yes i im sure you would find AM's lacking in adequate amounts of bass for rap and rnb music.

Only for his price range.

Higher end monitors sound extremely good, and have a very wide range of sound. No need for a subwoofer, since the drivers themselves can push a good amount of bass.

yeah, dont expect to find decent sounding monitors for $150.

Now lets say you had a budget of $400-$500 each, you would get very very nice active monitors, with loud punchy and clear bass.

EVENT SP6's/SP8's are a good example.

Only for his price range.

Higher end monitors sound extremely good, and have a very wide range of sound. No need for a subwoofer, since the drivers themselves can push a good amount of bass.

It was more the fact that people who listen to rap and rnb are used to alot more bass then what would be delivered on ANY flat sounding system. I really like the amount of air my Behringers push (6 and 3/4 inch drivers) and they barely even move a few millimeters, no problem. But i know some people would really prefer the massive punch of a 12" woofer thats slightly boomy, i will admit - it can be entertaining listening to such music with a setup like that :D

I don't know whether i am figuring this out right. But the area of one 7" driver is actually more than two 5" drivers ? which is why there is such a great increase in bass when you go from a 5" driver to 6" and more. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom