Amplified Speakers + Standard Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMiller8080

In Runtime
Hey guys, just seeking some more help with my new build. (which I've needed a lot of lately >.<)

With this being my first build and all, I started getting creative and seeing what I could piece together to add to my system to make it even better. One of these ideas (which I have done so succesfully) was to take these old home theater speakers (parents bought them new around the early 90's) I found laying around and wire them through a speaker selector that I have wired into an amplifier for a tiny little RL+sub set up I have in my bed room.

This sounds AWESOME when I'm gaming and all, but the problem is when there is no audio I get buzz noises and whatnot, which I assume comes from being amplified. Aside from this it's kinda a pain to have to go turn my amplifier on then select the channel, then deal with the buzzing, every time I just want to browse the internet or something simple.

I decided I would just plug in the standard speakers I was going to use originally and run them at the same time, except only turn on my amplifier and whatnot whenever I would be gaming or doing something media related.

NONE of the jacks I plug the second set of speakers into will work though. Is there something I need to do to make a second set of speakers play? The first set of amplified speakers will only play in one jack too, and I take those out and put the second set in the same spot, then those speakers work as well. I see the different icons, such as the microphone, but all of the jacks that I'm trying have the same icon on them as the one that works. Is there anyway I can run both sets of speakers, but only play the amplified ones when I want?

Thanks AGAIN for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom