Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers vs. Logitech X-230 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Computer Audio and Multimedia
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers vs. Logitech X-230

Hello I am new here, and have some questions/comments regarding the Altec Lansing ATP3 speakers and how readers feel about them versus Logitech X-230's

I picked up a pair 4 years ago, and of course now they are discontinued. What was the successor to these speakers? I saw the Altec Lansing 4121's at Compusa, and was tempted to get them but the demo sounded weak- which is probably not the best measure of perfomance.

On Friday at CompUsa I picked up a pair of X-230 logitechs since they were $24.99 at CompUSA. While they receive excellent reviews, I think the satilette speakers on the Altecs are better, perhaps it is since they are magnetically sheilded and perhaps the Logitechs are not. I have a Dell with a Live 5.1 card, and use Music Match with the DFX 7.0 effects.

The vocals on the X-230's do not stand out as well using the same effects settings and EQ in musicmatch. While I think they are decent sounding, I expected from reviews that I read that they would be a sonic improvement over the ATP3 speakers.

Does anyone have a preference for either set of speakers? I am leaning towards returning the 230's and holding out for the next CompUSa special on Altecs.

For my home theater room though, I am going with the 5500's.
Closed Thread