Almost no sound on my Shuttle SN85G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

etip

Beta member
Hi ther,
I just baught a Shuttle SN85G4 xpc system with integrated AC97 onboard audio. I've connected the logitech z320 speakers.
Everything is installed on xp (and working properly) but the sound is barely audible. Everything is at max but still.
I heard about some amplified speakers which are needed but i thought the logitech were amplified.
Any clues ?

Yes they are, they're plugged in, and the led is working ....
Is there any BIOS setting which exist to amp the line output ?
btw, it's the same thing when i'm connecting headphone, a barely audible sound :(

Some audio jacks are the wrong size. If the jack going into your sound card had two plack lines that are less than 1/8 inch apart, you're screwed. You can also try playing some music or something and moving the jack slowly around and in and out, it might work.

Daft question.... but have you checked that nothing in Volume Control is down or muted?.... Default values are rarely correct.

Yes, you can be sure, all the options have been tested, checked, unchecked ..... believe me ... by no means it's a config option.

It's finally working.
Using the latest Realtek drivers (not the nforce ones) and using the rear output instead of the front one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom