Adobe Premiere and All in Wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayer

In Runtime
I have a computer with a Radeon 8500 All in Wonder, and it also has adobe premiere on it. I want to do some video editing, but I can't figure out how to use the video inputs on the radeon to capture video in premiere. the all in wonder card only came with pinnacle studio for video capture but I hate the program. is that the only one designed to use my card's video input? what other programs can i use to capture video besides pinnacle studio?

Slayer said:
I have a computer with a Radeon 8500 All in Wonder, and it also has adobe premiere on it. I want to do some video editing, but I can't figure out how to use the video inputs on the radeon to capture video in premiere. the all in wonder card only came with pinnacle studio for video capture but I hate the program. is that the only one designed to use my card's video input? what other programs can i use to capture video besides pinnacle studio?

I do not think that Premiere has "capture" support for ATI All in Wonder cards. You going to have to find another way to capture than edit it in premiere.

Re: Re: Adobe Premiere and All in Wonder

uzi9mm said:
I do not think that Premiere has "capture" support for ATI All in Wonder cards. You going to have to find another way to capture than edit it in premiere.

yes newer version of priemere (the past 2-3 years or so) only seem to want to accept dv cards. you might be in luck in you can find an older version

ya what i have is premiere pro 1.5 which i believe is the newest version (is legal). I tried the windows media encoder and it works fine, i believe i have hit the highest quality a sony hi8 camera can do, and im not very happy with it. what is the resolution of most digital cameras now? would the quality be a lot better after transfered to the computer than my hi8 one?

The reason your video looks crappy is because it is compressed to a WMV. The format that DV uses is Uncompressed AVI (3.6MBytes a second) AVI uncompressed looks really good. Better than DVD quality.

The only way you are going to make that video look good, is if you captured it to a mpeg. High resolution and high bitrate.

But to make it look really really good, get a "prosumer" firewire capture card that will capture/clean your video up.

iv seen a huge price range for video capture cards. my all in wonder card just has composite and svideo in but dont htink its got any hardware stuff to do anything to the video, dont know much in this area. any specific cards i should look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom