Adding subtitles to DivX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I would be interested in making fan subs for the Silent Moibus Motion Picture 1 and 2. Main reason is that my operation x fan subs for about 10 years ago are shit house quality now.

HOWEVER..... I do have a friend with Silent Moibus Motion Picture 1 and 2 (RAW) on Laser Disc.

Now getting it from LD onto computer is no problem. Mostly likely get it down to some High Quality DivX Format.

Translating....... I might have to bribe house mate with another transformer doll. No problem there.

FANS SUBBING....... Now there is where I am lost on what programs that I should be using. Any suggestion there?

well if you can get it to an mpeg format, from there you can do the following which should result to some VOB files with subtitles, ready to be burned on DVD:

1)Use TMPGEnc and their MPEG Tools to De-Multiplex the mpeg file. You'll end up with a .m2v and .mp2 which must be renamed to .mpa.

2)Acquire or write the subtitles in Notepad in the correct srt format and Save it as (filename).srt . For info on how to write a subtitle file, search around. There's gotta be some info out there.

3)Using SRT2SUP, convert the .srt file to .sup. There's instructions how here: http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides.php?category=subtitles&name=subtitleadd

4)Using IfoEdit go to Author New DVD and select the m2v video file, the mpa audio file and the sup subtitle file. Select a destination folder and press ok. It will multiplex the files and it should be ready. It doesnt take long.

Unless, you're trying to do something different.

Today I had to convert an NTSC DVD to PAL with Greek subtitles and it took me all morning and i ended up without subtitles because the ones i downloaded were out of sync and I'd have to reset the time for each line. There are 953 lines so I didn't do it.

I wait for the day when video processing becomes easier...

I use 1Click DVD Copy for this . It has options where you can encode the Dvd into DivX or any other format for that matter with the Subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom