Add More Bass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple-X

In Runtime
Is it possible to hook up a surround system subwoofer to the pc? I have an old phillips surround sound system that I won't need anymore and would really like to keep the subwoofer since it's very good quality. Any ideas on how to connect?

as long as the subwoofer has built in amp itll work w/ anything. if you have analog LFE out from ur soundcard (im assuming ur sound card has 5.1), just plug that in to the subwoofer. you might need 1/8" to RCA adapter for it.

boomstick666 said:
as long as the subwoofer has built in amp itll work w/ anything. if you have analog LFE out from ur soundcard (im assuming ur sound card has 5.1), just plug that in to the subwoofer. you might need 1/8" to RCA adapter for it.

Do you know what color that output is? I have the SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Value sound card, and my X-530 connected:

SoundCard002.jpg

molsen said:
try them all until it works...it'll take 5 seconds
lol or just look at the manual or website...dont be lazy. you dont need to ask around and even take pics and post here..

I've already tried them all before posting. They don't really work. I only get a low buzz. Does the SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Value have such an output (LFE out)?

no, i dont think it does. my Audigy 2 zs doesnt. mine speaker system has the green/yellow/black ports all go to the sub, and then all speakers are connected to that, the LFE seems to be part of the overall sound mix.

yea it should work with any of those most likely the green one cause thats what the main speaker(power and volume controls) is connected too but its giving you a low buzz then maybe that subwoofer is unamplified?

does the X-530 not have a woofer anyway? or are you just wanting to put another one to some use and have two?

joshd said:
does the X-530 not have a woofer anyway? or are you just wanting to put another one to some use and have two?

title says add MORE bass so he wants more than the x530 woofer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom