AC97 Works on Rear Speaker, but Not Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeAwwb

Beta member
Hi all,

I've got a problem with the AC97 audio on my new motherboard. Normally, I'd be using my Audigy, but this isn't my computer so I'm just making do with what I have.

First, specs.

Gigabyte 7n400Pro 2.
AC97 onboard Audio, with Surround Kit and SP-Kit.
Speakers: 2 little flat panels, non digital (or I'd use my Boston's). 2 speakers only. No subwoofer, no rear speakers.

Problem: Activated onboard sound, and firstly, the sound drivers wouldn't install, even with the AC97 driver CD included with the board. Downloaded the latest drivers from the Realtek website, reinstalled. Use config to set speakers to "Desktop Stereo Speakers" (Sound manager as "2 Channel Mode") and plugged speakers into *EVERY* audio port. Including the subwoofer port.

Nothing. No sound. Tested speakers on my Nomad, worked fine. Problem not speakers. Decide to try turning onto 4 channel mode. Plug into every port. Speakers work on "Rear Out".

Now, that would be all well and good, if I was only listening to music. Mp3s work fine coming out of rear speakers, but any other windows sounds or websites that use Flash, won't recognise that there are no front speakers, and play audio.

So:

Does anybody know what the problem might be, and how I might be able to get the 2 speakers hooked up to Line Out, or Front Out on the AC97 audio?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide,

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom