AC97 Audio Problem..HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nata

Beta member
Hi,

I don't get any sound from the line-out audio port. I have a MS-6702 ATX Mainboard with an on-board 4-/6- channel audio card. I have windows xp pro. In windows everything seems to be okey (no drivers conflicts). In the BIO I've checked and audio is enabled.

My speakers only have one cable that I'm trying to plug in the line-out port but no sound comes out . I used the AC97 Audio Configuration software to set up the speaker configuration to 2-channel mode for stereo speaker output 6CH but still nothing.

If I use the configuration for 4 or 6 channel and then plug the speakers in the rare-out or front-out ports, first I get only a terrible noise, but when I use the Speaker test I can hear some sounds but between the terrible noise.

I've check if the MIC port works and it seems to be working because when I test it in MSN the green/red bar moves.

What could it be the problem??? Why I can not use the normal line-out port in the 2-channel mode?

PLEASE HELP!!

Have fun with the ac97. I tried for a week trying to get mine to work. I ended up reformatting nad going to windows xp and now mine works ok.

Nata said:
Hi,

I don't get any sound from the line-out audio port. I have a MS-6702 ATX Mainboard with an on-board 4-/6- channel audio card. I have windows xp pro. In windows everything seems to be okey (no drivers conflicts). In the BIO I've checked and audio is enabled.

My speakers only have one cable that I'm trying to plug in the line-out port but no sound comes out . I used the AC97 Audio Configuration software to set up the speaker configuration to 2-channel mode for stereo speaker output 6CH but still nothing.

If I use the configuration for 4 or 6 channel and then plug the speakers in the rare-out or front-out ports, first I get only a terrible noise, but when I use the Speaker test I can hear some sounds but between the terrible noise.

I've check if the MIC port works and it seems to be working because when I test it in MSN the green/red bar moves.

What could it be the problem??? Why I can not use the normal line-out port in the 2-channel mode?

PLEASE HELP!!

Theres got to be more to it than this.Do you have a connection diagram ? Do you have a left,right and subwoofer system ?
Thats 2 connections to your sound inputs.
Thats selected as 2.1 in the Control Panel options.Probably desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom