? about CD riping

Status
Not open for further replies.

afroman

Baseband Member
I have just bought new CD Album - but I was suprised because I cant rip it to mp3 format - it has his own player. As far as I know mp3 isnt ilegal - so why they are doing this?
What to do? Any special software?

Sorry if this question someone wrote before....

it must be one of those copy protected cds. what you can do with that is play it , then record it in the background with another program

but that would totally lose quality. If windows media player 10 doesnt work, try manually extracting/copying the files from the disc onto the computer. if that doesnt work, i guess you could try just burning tracks from the cd and then ripping that cd.

not if you set the incoming source to wave output. sometimes if you try that with certain kinds of copy protect disc, the will start trying to strip your computer of drivers. then you will have to reformat

But on the CD there is noting like .cda format. All the files has other extensions. And there are some files of the player.

Can I rip the music from this CD using Windows Media Player? I use Winamp and audio catalyst for riping!

You need real player or something like that.
Download the free version.
It only lets you go up to 96kbps so I record it in wave then transcode it to .mp3 at 320kbps using Lame.

Winamp also works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom