7.1 speakers . . . placement of extreme rear speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
hey, as you can see, i'm planning on getting 7.1 speakers (creative labs) . . .

is there a some sort of clamp that i can attach to the speakers so that i can clamp them onto the back of my chair? its pretty thick, so it should support it

Wow...rear speakers just inches from your ear would surely mess up the sound. Not to mention, where would u run the wires? Bad idea in my mind.

the listening environment will be odd if u place the rear speakers just inches behind ur ears. the best positioning for 7.1 system pc speakers is wall-mounting or using speakers stands.

then how fat away should they be? because my bedside table is 6 1/2 behind me

i c. that's kinda difficult to set the right placement. my bedroom is 3x4m and i use just half of it to make the surround environment.

i have the creative that you're planning to get. for me, i'm an audio junky so all my speakers are placed in front of me. When I'm watching DVD, I place my front and center the way they are, but my sides are about 5 feet away from me. The rears are also about 5 feet away.

If I had the space, i'd put them further, but I'm limited in space.

for me . . . its not about the wattage . . . its about the number of speaker . . .

obviously, i think that a 80watt 5.1 is better than a 120watt 2.1

what i meant as in "all the speakers are in front of me" is that all 7 speakers are in front, even the sub. when its time for DVD or gaming, i move the speakers so they surround me :)

kind of a pain in the a$$. take the time and do it right, If need be rewire the speakers with more speaker wire its simple enough with wire crimpers and strippers plus a few butt connectors. Because i know the 7.1 setup for pc's come with special wiring unlike home stereos. 7.1 should be setup 1 center front, 1 front left, 1 front right, 1 rear right, 1 rear left, 1 center of left wall, and 1 center of right wall, which should be to either side of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom