50Hz (??) in right rear speaker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaiper

Beta member
I just bought the Creative Inspire T5400 5.1 speakersystem for my computer. I hooked it up, no problems. Turned it on, no problems. Turned it off, turned on my computer, turned on the speakers..seemingly fine..but over the hum of my computer fans was the sound of what I think might be a 50Hz tone (like a powersupply hiss) from the rigth rear speaker. :mad:

Basic setup :
WinXP Pro
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Inspire T5400

So I tried the following :
1. Change the cable, the sound just switched to the other rear speaker..in accordance with my cable swapping..
2. Unplugged the computer from the subwoofer, hooked up my minidisc.. no hiss..
3. Found all the ironcore doughnuts (not sure what they are called), that came with the motherboard. Put them on the input cables going to the sub, I put one on the cable going to the guilty speaker.
4. I unplugged everything inside my computer that I could do without for a bootup..scsi card and scsi drives.
5. I have yet to unplug everything on the outside..somehow I don't think it'll help...

Is there anyone out there with a fix.. I am thinking that the amplified signal coming from the motherboard has an added noise signal to it, maybe if it weren't amplified it'd be better?
Could it be the powersupply in my computer? Had this problem before with my NAD amplifier, but I had it with my previous computer as well so I sorta ruled that to be a problem with the NAD..? Now I am thinking it's me.. since the problem seems to follow me as a person.. heh..

ps..
can anyone point me to a good place to read up on how to flash my bios, done it before, but I know enough to want to be absolutely sure I do it right, and with the right update..

I'm greatful for any and all help I get with this!

um....that actually sounds like a bad cable or simple "whitenoise" created by the use of to much equipment in a small space...try replacing the cable....that is a wierd problem, though......?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom