5.1 Surround not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinorInfluence

Baseband Member
So i hooked up my computer after having it sit for awhile. Hooked up my 5.1 surround sound speaker system up, they used to work great but now im running into a problem...
I go to the Audio Manager for my speaker system and set all the options. I click on the pull down list and select 5.1 out of the options of headphone, 2channel, 4channel speaker ect...
play the little testing noises that i know each speaker is hooked up right and is working...and they all do individually and together in another test it has for music.
So i start up one of my games and go to the audio options make sure it recognizes the Realtek HD audio onboard 5.1 supported card on my Mobo and select 5.1 and go to start playing...and low and behold sound only comes out of the front left and front right speakers and the Subwoofer (the sub and the center speaker use the same connection out of the 3 you put into the back on the computer) so this confuses me...i make sure i selected everything right but still only 2 speakers and the sub work.
Go to youtube and test out a video...same thing.
Try a song on windows media player...same thing.
Kinda lost on what to do since they worked before without any problem.

Thanks in advance

i dont think its works that way 5.1 sound on music or video however if you play a movie with 5.1 it should work. if you have a movie that does, try that. let me know if it works in all speakers.

Since your using realtek on your audio manager it shows you the 6 jacks what you need to do if you haven't already is go through and right click on each dedicating them to their respective place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom