5.1 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin82

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I just bought a logitech x530 but the problem now is that i am connecting to a laptop..... which only have a earphone output... anyone have any idea how to fully use my speakers? thanx in advance...

Thanks will put that into consideration... but is that the only and last option left for me?

I guess so, I can't think of anything else though. If you have a laptop, chances are, it doesn't have any build-in 5.1 card, not many laptops do except for the expensive ones. If you want to use the speakers on your desktop, just buy a PCI 5.1 sound card, else the only option I know for a laptop is a USB external sound card like the one mention. The external card should work for both laptop and desktop so you wouldn't really need another PCI sound card.

newcents - that is basically duplicating what he already has. Won't make any difference

Law is right on - you need to get a PCMCIA sound card or external USB card.

Hey Peepz,

I've got a sound blaster audigy 2 NX... but I am still facing problems... only able to get sound from my 2 front speakers... An error msg pops up saying 'The audio device supported by this application is not detected'.... what should i do.... i am using logitech X530... so lost now...

WoHo.... got all of the speakers working now... but.... when i talk on msn it jumps to my laptop speaker... i wonder why....

and i actually set my mic to my old sound card but why my built in speaker is not working whereas i have to connect my mic to the new sound card.... please advice....

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions and help....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom