5.1 pc speakers to DVD surround

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardeckinator

Beta member
is there a way?, can it happen? how would you go about doing this?

Instead of going out to buy another 5.1 system for my tv, is there a way to convert my 3 plugs from my 5.1 pc speakers into the Red White and Orange (coaxial cable out) for my tv, so it too can enjoy the 5.1 experiance? what do i need to get, what can i do, i have a Inspire P5800 speaker set up, (green = front, black = back, and tan = sub)... I know I cant be the only one who wants to do this, help me out please

- well, i went to radio shack, and they said the chanels would go out to front and back useally the left sid, the normal (TV/DVD out is Red = both front and back right audio, and white = bothe front and back left audio) so... my dvd play gives that out, but, i want it to recieve the front left and right and back left and right signals and play them correctly

Re:

Hello,

My advice is...buy a new 5.1 Sound System. It seems more logical to buy a 5.1 Digital Audio Sound System so that you can hook it directly into your DVD player with just one connection, either Digital Optical (SPDIF) or Digital Coaxial connection. This way you can get pure, clean Dolby Digital Surround and DTS audio. Unless your current surround sound system allows for a coaxial connection, I would invest in a Home Theatre System.

I do believe that it is somehow possible to adapt a 5.1 analogue system so that it can be connected to a DVD player. However, most DVD players can only support either the basic left and right analogue audio through two RCA sockets (Red and White), and digital audio. Therefore, in order for a 5.1 analogue sytem with 3 x 3.5mm audio jacks to work with a DVD player, you'd need a seperate audio decoder.

The method for this is basically a digital to analogue setup. So the decoder would decode digital signals, delivered from optical or coaxial, to analogue signals out through 3 x 3.5mm jacks, front right and left, rear right and left, center and subwoofer signals. However, I haven't seen a consumer Digital to Analogue Audio converter for your specifications. Plus, it would be rather expensive, and much of the expense could be used to buy a digital 5.1 sound system.

Digital Surround Sound Systems (Home Theatre Systems) offer better quality audio. Also, many allow a virtual surround sound setup, so that when you watch cable television with only 2 channel audio, the surround speakers can clone the front right and left audio channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom