5.1 acting like 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it should work..that's the problem. It works perfectly for me but not for him. However he has a different sound card and plus we don't know what exactly is wrong or what he didn't do. :confused:

No problem here, it works on my brother's computer also using his own x-530 speakers with different 5.1 sound card (some crap he got from compusa), and the software that came with it. It's to bad it doesn't work for you onyo, if it's doing something wrong then I'll just leave it the way it is (working). :)

got it on 5.1 now after messin with everythin for 30 minutes. sounds great. IMO 5.1 music is better than 2.1 so u can feel the bumpin tunes from all around. liek wit a party or somethin

i just tried it without CMSS-3D which can make any non-5.1 source to play simulated "5.1" i guess. and its worse for me at 2.1, CMSS-3D improves music so much for me, just seems so layered and much nicer the bass is more responsive.

here's the deal.

most music recorded in stereo sound best in stereo. because manipulating that signal causes distortion among other thing.

but most people who aren't into music as much as audiophile tend to prefer stereo songs tranfers into 5.1 because it add ambience to the music (it loses a lot of bass too). a purist won't like that. we want the pure unaltered sound.

true 5.1 music sounds better than 2.0 music. however, hardly anybody has that. it is SACD (super audio cd) or dvd audio disc. but it hasn't taken the world by storm yet.

Can I instal another soft for sound card in my PC , my mothermain Intel D946GZIS , soundcard onboard driver is SigmaTel , Creative 5.1 P5800 speaker . But it don't play virtual surround sound 5.1 when playback mp3 file type . Creatve sound card have CMSS to play music with virtual 5.1 for mp3, ........ and me soundcard onbord and i not have much money to buy it . How can I do now ?
I think 5.1 sound is best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom