a 48 hour recording: perils; pitfalls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnmazz84

Beta member
Hello, I have a weird question, hopefully some one can help.

I'm planning to start a 48 hour recording at midnight tonight. I will be able to check on it every few hours to stop the recording, save the file and start a new one, but at a few points during the time, there will be a 13 hour period between times that I can do this.

So I have two questions. Is there a program that can automatically record the audio being played on my computer and split up the process by hour? I use a program called Wave Creator and the record source name there is "Stereo Mix" so I dunno if other programs can do the same.

If there is no help there. Would I have any problems letting my audio recorder stay on for 13 hours in a row? I did a test and let it run for about 3 hours and, while it took a bit of time to save, it seemed to work.

Any help would be great, thanks.

The quality isn't too important. I'm recording a live internet radio show thats running for two days.

I would explain how to do it, but the feature is hard to find in mmjb 9 or 10. mmjb 5 and 6 it was a top feature as people use to record the favorite am/fm programs back then

Why split up the recording during it? Just save the whole file at once. I have about 4 days of music (No repeats) on this computer and most of the bitrates are around 192-256 or something like that, even have some up to 1156, and I'm only using 7.16GB, so you should have CD quality, without using too much space. Audacity should record 48HRS. at once, never tried though. Afterwards, you can just split it up as much as you please.

__Camouflage__ said:
Why split up the recording during it? Just save the whole file at once. I have about 4 days of music (No repeats) on this computer and most of the bitrates are around 192-256 or something like that, even have some up to 1156, and I'm only using 7.16GB, so you should have CD quality, without using too much space. Audacity should record 48HRS. at once, never tried though. Afterwards, you can just split it up as much as you please.

Most recording programs don't compress the recorded audio in real time. I don't know which program does, but if you are recording uncompressed, you need a big hard disk. I use Cool Edit Pro. I'll install it and see how much space it uses at 44.1k/32bit float.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom