2hrs/500mb to vcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzfan

In Runtime
i have appx 2 hrs of legal videos that i would like to get onto one vcd, but when ever i do it nero must convert it to a diff file because the file size triples, quickly taking up the 700mb limit on my cds, even though it is only a 500mb file. i heard you can do something with divX to make it capable of holding more, but i dont know what it is. it is a .avi file and i use divX to play it. anyone know how to get this to fit?

vcd format means mpeg1, only choice if you want it all on one cd is to chop the bitrate and resolution

divx is one of the mpeg4 codec formats, it offers better quality and compression than mpeg's and you can get about 2hrs onto a 700mb cdr

http://www.videohelp.com theres a tools section for software, and click on vcd to find out what that is first

just keep in mind, mpegs are the only thing that will play in a dvd player that isnt in a computer, and they have to conform to vcd,svcd,or dvd formats

You can't make a 2 hour VCD. It only allows 80 minutes. If you have a divx video player you can just burn the file to the disc.

i have DivX but i dont see anywhere to burn it, would i be able to watch it on a dvd player? or just transfer to another pc and watch on divx player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom