24" monitors - which of these is best

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBlanchard

Daemon Poster
I've been researching 24" monitors for a couple of days and just keep going round in circles with the amount of choice that is available.

I'm looking for a monitor I can hook up by my laptop's HDMI port, for Videos/Xbox

I've looked at the ASUS VE247H but there seems to be some serious complaints of ghosting, the BenQ VW2420H looks promising, but it is almost a year old. There is also the BenQ G2420HD. Finally there is the Samsung SyncMaster S24A350H.

Does anybody have any comments/further suggestions?

Regards,

BenQ or whatever are what is used mainly by people just checking E-mails or FaceBook so I'd recommend a Dell or some Samsungs

would the BenQ VW2420H be a good buy? The only thing I am concerned about is the fact that it is a year old. Is the led/lcd market a fast moving one?

Acers, typically have bad contrast ratio and the viewing angles suck. I have one from 2007 and it went bad after 2 years had the effect going on like an old TV with the lines shaking and wiggling around. it even bothered my poor cat.

Samsungs are great for entry level-mid-level monitors. I have a P2350 23.in. (primary display) and it's been good.

LGs are great as well. I have two W1952TQs (one is my 2nd display and the other is my hubby's display) they are approx 3 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom