2.1 Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao he wants to know what speakers look cool i dont think he cares how they sound sooo let him get what he thinks looks cool.

i have to agree with eric b with studio speakers im picking up a pair of athena as-b2.2 speakers in a couple of weeks with some of this christmas money.

NewCents05 said:
lmao he wants to know what speakers look cool i dont think he cares how they sound sooo let him get what he thinks looks cool.

i have to agree with eric b with studio speakers im picking up a pair of athena as-b2.2 speakers in a couple of weeks with some of this christmas money.

let's us know how they sound. mirage (same speaker maker as athena) make some nice speakers

The thing is it's for my bedroom, the I-Trigue 3400 is not that bad.

I was going for quality, this model does have the quality for the average user. I understand that sound quality comes with sacrifice of not being the best looking.

The klipsch which I was considering was also suggested constantly; they don't have the looks; I mentioned that in my initial post. To me, I was looking for a compromise between looks and sound quality.

The creative series/ company is well reputed in my opinion, I'm a fan of their products; so why not buy a product from a company you can depend on?

I'm more insulted that you people would honestly think that I am just going for the looks; am that shallow of a tech person? No, I've looked up the reviews for every model I've considered or was suggested.

I bought what I could possibly get in hand, I bought these at a fair price as well..

If you think I'm some sort of noob, I can tell you that these speakers are great, they lack in the midrange area and the bass of this set seems a tad bit sensitive. Yes, I notice the little things to.

And studio style speakers or w/e, come on, my friends or family wouldn't know about all this crap. I'm an average sixteen year old kid, I'm not looking for the high end things, I've got a limited budget ya kno. When I start working, maybe then I'll consider any of the high quality things. But I want to be impressive; I'm a young enthusiast, ready impress the people I know....they wouldn't know the difference between 'sacrifice looks for quality' or 'crap'. They'd see something that looks low to them and awesome it's bad...sure I can put up the volume but it's just not worth effort.

Once again, I can tell you these speakers aren't bad at all.

ok confession, after looking at the klipsch speakers, i want them...they look professional and from a professional person who reviews alot of pc components; one in particular, geforce 8800 SLI....i trust his comment on them.."awesome"...and they are. oh well...honestly it was my budget limiting me xD

it's not you personally. it's about marketing. companies these days know that most people prefer looks to quality, so they will make some pretty speakers that sound horrible

this from a review of newcent05 speaker

http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/athena_asb2_2.htm

Bass may be the opiate of the masses, but in the wake of boom boxes and boom cars, and as more and more music is heard through portable devices and sonically deficient, manufacturer-supplied earbuds, music reproduction is judged less by the quality of its bass than by its quantity. Every speaker has to face up to this, especially in the heavily populated and competitive category of the two-way bookshelf monitor.

yeah dont use age as an excuse lol im 17 and i dont have a job either. but i usually save up my christmas and birthday money to buy stuff

eric b like 3 weeks ago i went to parts express and they had this amp
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-810
on sale for $298 so i picked one up the thing is frickin massive lol
but i plan on making a box for one of these
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficarau...a/shopdata/0020_Q/product_overview.shopscript
15in fi q so hopefully these athena studio speakers along with a bunch of satellite speakers (13 i think) can keep up with this :p
but ive heard nothing but good things out of athena so hopefully theyll live up to my expectations

I don't dedicate my whole accumulated budget to one specific item.

Before you comment, comment about my other "excuses".

How I was looking for speakers at a reasonable price with a compromise between looks/ quality. Well I did buy these with reasonable reason anyways...Creative isn't that bad of a company.

Nice set btw.

IF06 said:
I don't dedicate my whole accumulated budget to one specific item.

Before you comment, comment about my other "excuses".

How I was looking for speakers at a reasonable price with a compromise between looks/ quality. Well I did buy these with reasonable reason anyways...Creative isn't that bad of a company.

Nice set btw.

yeah just saying age isnt an excuse but budget is

anyway yeah if you really care about looks then not many people can give their opinion on what sounds good but **** all that matter is that YOU are happy with them dont listen to anyone else if youre happy with them. everyone has their own taste in sound

NewCents05 said:
yeah dont use age as an excuse lol im 17 and i dont have a job either. but i usually save up my christmas and birthday money to buy stuff

eric b like 3 weeks ago i went to parts express and they had this amp
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-810
on sale for $298 so i picked one up the thing is frickin massive lol
but i plan on making a box for one of these
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficarau...a/shopdata/0020_Q/product_overview.shopscript
15in fi q so hopefully these athena studio speakers along with a bunch of satellite speakers (13 i think) can keep up with this :p
but ive heard nothing but good things out of athena so hopefully theyll live up to my expectations

it looks like you plan on " rockin the house"

IF06 said:
I'm more insulted that you people would honestly think that I am just going for the looks; am that shallow of a tech person? No, I've looked up the reviews for every model I've considered or was suggested.
Dude, whatever they say is fact straight from the bible! Owning low cost active studio monitors in a computer room placed in close proximity with the walls (and plugged into the same power strip/outlet as the computer), probably with the drywall walls using an Audigy2 ZS as a dedicated source makes you an ub3r audio god after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom