?? 2.1 Speaker recommendations $200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhoops

Beta member
I want to claim my old but irreplaceable Cyrus2 amp and Linn Index speakers back from the PC, and start playing my old vinyls again...... so what goes onto the PC to replace them?

Budget $200 approx, (£150 UK)

Function:

1. GAMING, a console connection would be a bonus, a headphone jack useful but not essential.

2.Movies, want that cold sharp stereo definition quality and immediacy... (where the 'baddy' sounds realistically right behind you in Horror films!)

3.Playing CDs, loud and balanced, excess bass not required.

I've checked the reviews for the Logitech Z-2300, but that seems to be too much bass, too little mid range, and the Altec Lansing Mx5021, gets panned for the humming, and RTM's.

Anybody had similar requirements and found a solution?

why dont you go for a good 7.1 set? im getting the creative inspire t7900. good speakers for only £80

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 are F'in awsome speakers. They cost about $150 over here. They have Ub3r good sound. I definately recommend them. These are probably one of the best 2.1 speakers on the market.

Word - I got myself a Denon integrated amp and a pair of Klipsch bookshelf for under $230 including shipping. I prefer a real amp and real speakers to multimedia speakers anyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom