2.1 Computer Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PersianMafia

Baseband Member
Hey guys, cool forum here. Alright, here goes my first post:

I wanna buy some new computer speakers (2.1) and I dont want no cheap sounding speakers either. Im looking in the range of 100-200$.

So far I've come up with:

Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1

Creative Megaworks 2.1 250D

Logitech Z-2200

Klipsch Promedia 2.1

Whats the pros and cons of each of these? The Klipshes are too expensive, so they are probably out. Im really liking the Logitechs. What do you guys think? The Creatives have that digital input, but does that really increase the sound quality?

I have a Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard w/ on board sound. Is the sound card on my m/b fine for good quality sound.

I mostly listen to music. I listen to trance/house/dance and hiphop/rap. What speaker set do you think is the best for my uses.

Thanks guys.

Logitech's are probably the best ones (Since the Klipsch are too expensive). They have pretty good sound quality and a surprisingly powerful bass. Altech Lansing has some nice speakers but I don't think that their bass is as good as it could be (I don't own them but I've heard). Creative's speakers only work good with their own high-end sound cards (Audigy/Audigy 2), which might not be a big deal, but even then they're underpowered and overpriced (People just trust the name).

I just recently bought the Logitech Z2200 at amazon for 105 (Including shipping) but they seem to up the price to 110.00 and not including free shipping. I Love the Logitech Z2200. There are plenty of reviews for the Logitech Z2200. All are which gave the Z2200 a really good score

As far as the Sound Quality question, it really depends on what you want. I'd buy the Logitech speakers first and see how they sound with your onboard sound, which might be fine for what you do, since speakers alone can upgrade the sound quality quite a bit by themselves. If you want a better card, get at least a Sound Blaster Live!, they're as cheap as $30 now. The Fortissimo III is around $50, and Audigy/Audigy 2 is around $70-$130 (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom