Windows 8.1 Wallpapers missing...

Just let it do it's thing. Chkdsk will take a long time, especially if there are lot of inconsistencies on the disk.

Unfortunately in Win8/10 it doesn't output the status very well other than what's shown there. Once it's done, you can look in Event Viewer to find the results of the chkdsk, if you're curious.

yeah, i looked online about chkdsk hangin at a certain percentage. some ppl say it takes over a day. ive left my laptop on, plugged in, im stayin up, im hopin for results...

Mine doesn't have a watermark...
oPMcvgZ.jpg

imma download that one k?. i just left the chkdsk running overnight, woke up, opened lid, it said "select an account to continue", i did, it restarted. fixed

apparently my "ntfs.sys" got corrupted somehow, luckily chkdsk fixed it up, after 2 of the same BSODs (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM)

Last edited:
imma download that one k?.
If you just do a reverse image search one either one like I suggested you can get a higher res version. That one is pretty low res.

i just left the chkdsk running overnight, woke up, opened lid, it said "select an account to continue", i did, it restarted. fixed

apparently my "ntfs.sys" got corrupted somehow, luckily chkdsk fixed it up, after 2 of the same BSODs (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM)

Good to hear that chkdsk did it's job and got it working for you.

Back
Top Bottom