VHS to DVD transfer question

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I have a TV card just for this purpose but do have one issue, There is NO breaks in the video for fast forwarding to and certain part of the film. If you buy a DVD you can hit the button and jump through small sections of the movie but with the ones I take from VHS if I hit the forward button it jumps to the end of the movie, What would be a good program to add those breaks in the film. Can't seem to find it in any of the programs I have. The movies I'm trying to copy are old family films from my parents and every time they want to show a part they have to watch it at 10x speed and it would be nice to just jump to that section.

Thanks
Dauntae

AH Crap I have Nero 2012 ultimate too lol just couldn't find that option in it, Don't do much video at all so still learning that, thanks I'll have to do a search how to do it on Nero, that's what I used to make the disks but couldn't findany options for slitting it into sections.

Dauntae

I've heard some very negative reviews about Nero 12, I have Nero 9 and it does have a "Create and Edit" tab that opens "Nero Vision" that has options to create and edit video. I mostly use Corel's DVD Movie Factory, mostly because that what I first learned because it came with my Hauppauge tv tuner. I've also heard of good reviews of Pinnacle's software but I have never used it to make any comments on.
Edit: Checked out a .PDF of Nero 12, and I see that not all versions of 12 have video editing capabilities :( ...bummer
Nero Video is available in different versions with a varying feature range. Depending on the
Nero product you purchased, your version of Nero Video may be limited and may not include
the full feature range
http://ftp6.nero.com/user_guides/nero12/video/NeroVideo_en-US.pdf

Last edited:
I have a Hauppauge also but don't remember getting Corel with it, maybe I'll go to there website and see if I can download it, Dontreally use it much but it's nice when I want to use it.

Thanks for the help
Dauntae

I'll have to try that one out, Checked my tv card box and no Corel with mine just winTV for the tuner and I don't even use it for the tv lol but did soma searching and found out how to do it on Nero12 and burned a disk and it came out well, Thanks for all the help and I'll def check out that free one you linked me.

Thanks again
Dauntae

I just re-checked too....and the Corel software came with my first Hauppauge 1250 card back when I was using Windows 2000...duh. Please forgive me for misleading you. I currently have a Hauppauge 2250 tv tuner
I have since then updated Movie Factory but it does have issues. It will edit video very well but doesn't work worth a turd when it comes to actually burning a disk.
I use Nero 9 for that. I know I'm way past overdue to upgrade Nero but it works the way it is and I do procrastinate when it comes to some software like Nero.
Glad you were able to get Nero 12 to burn your dvd's for you!

Last edited:
Could also rip the DVD back to your computer as a file, and then use ConvertXToDVD to add Chapters (those are what the "breaks" are called) as it burns the disc.

Then in the future, just take the file that your software generates when you convert the VHS and its saved on your computer, just load it into ConvertXToDVD and burn the disc that way.

Edit: if you want to manually choose where your chapters are, you can do that as well:
http://forums.vso-software.fr/how-to-add-move-chapters-manually-t7480.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom