Trying to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfieldfalconsfan

In Runtime
A warning: This is going to be kinda vague...:big_grin:

I was recently at a event that was held in a gym that could hold about 3000 people. They had multiple projectors projecting on 4 screens. The person that was speaking was on a stage at the front of the gym and they were running live video on all 4 of the screens. At first I couldn't see any cameras but then I saw a large tripod set up with 2 items attached to it that seemed to be where the video was being shot from. After the main speech there was a Q & A segment and the control people cut back and forth between 2 different views which I assume were from the 2 cameras.

The only thing is that the devices did not look like cameras to me but that is the only thing they could have been as the video was being shot from right where they were. I wasn't able to get any closer to the cameras but It looked like one was mounted on top of the tripod and one was attached to the leg of it(I think). They were able to pan and zoom also. It looked like they had a large lens but not a body behind the lens.

Kinda like this but it was shrouded in what looked like a white sleeve/cloth.

And it looked like it kinda angled down in the back too. I don't know if there was a mirror in the back reflecting down to the sensor or what. But it didn't look like there was room for anything below it as what looked the the picture above was sitting right on the tripod.

I say all that to say this. Does anyone know what this device is or has anyone used one? Also if you have seen one up close and have more details I would love to know.

Thanks in advance!

At the risk of making myself look dumb: It sounds like it might just be a smaller, professional-grade video camera. Something like the flip-ultra HD, but for the pro's.

By your description, is sounds almost like a miniature version of the instant-replay cameras they use at NFL games:
replay.jpg

Honestly though, I have no idea.

Yeah. The covering is a light shield, used to keep glare off of the lens to give a better image. The cameras the studios at work uses them (or are supposed to but some stupid people take them off and lose them...

Well it would be like the instant replay things but the camera would have to be at the small spot where the ref looks in. The back part (where I assume the lens was) was the small part. I took some pictures at the speech, maybe I happened to get it in one of them I'll check tonight.

Well it looks like I didn't take a picture of it and it isn't on the edge of any of the other pictures I took. I may just call the Center that it was at and see if they can tell me what it was.

Also I thought that it may have been DSLRs that could shoot video but I don't know if any of those have a live video out plug or not.

If anyone else has an idea let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom