Some pics from my trip to Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I'm shooting with a Nikon D80 and a 17-200 Nikon VR/DX Lens, I've had it for a couple years now, but I've been overdue for some good shots lately.

I've been looking for stuff like this for a while. I was up in Maine visiting some family.. My aunt stopped at a stand on the side of the road for some veggies and I just happened to have my camera on me.. And the Tractor was my grandfather's, it still runs..

C&C welcomed. I know the sky is a little blown out in some pics..

barncopy.jpg

standcopy.jpg

tractcopy.jpg

fieldcopy.jpg

barnfieldcopy.jpg

I really like the tractor one :). The border seems a little too thick on them though, I usually use a 3 pixel border, give or take a little depending on the resolution of the image.

Cool shots, but my main gripe isn't so much how big the border is, but how it is set up, it's pretty uneven between the sides and the top/bottom parts.

Personally, I'd just do a 3pix stroke or something, makes it pop out a bit.

^ The border is actually 50/50%.. The tutorial vid that first showed me how to do that was actually advising a personal preference (Author's) of height a bit higher... Which I never liked. I think I'll do the width a bit more next time. And I wanted to do a stroke, but sometimes after I 'make layer, to won't let me right click on the image after I've selected it. or else I forget about the stroke until I'm pretty much done with the processing.. :freak:

I took the field pic for my aunt, I just decided to mess around with it.. I need less cluttered shots next time, apparently.. Not sure if I over-did the post -processing or not.. it looks different on every monitor I see them..

But yeah, I'm still learning so thanx for the comments and suggestions.. This is just a hobby for me and I don't really have money for a NICE lens. All in due-time though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom