Software so I can tag images and add messages to photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Over this christmas holidays, my father and I are going to be going through the family history. I have currently 120 years worth of family photos (minus my baby-pics whch have been hidden) which my father and I will be sorting throught.

I have worked that that via irfan view, I can do batch scanning. Is is going to help me alot when it come down to naming and scanning the photos.

However I am after some softwar which will allow me to tag the image with a comment. I have notice online where you can add lots keywords and metadata to a photo. I would like to be able do to the same thing with these photos. Having messages like "Grandpa Keyboard Cowboy World War 2."

I am after some software that will do this for me. Preferably some thing that will do this for free.

Also, if any one does have any suggestion on how I should be storing my family history, why will be welcomed. I would like to save the family history in a format which any one can open. Windows, Mac, *Nix, whatever.

while it is not free this is a great program. It used to be free.

They do have a free trial.
ACD Systems International Online Store - ACDSee 2009 Photo Manager

I will look into that.

So you want a slideshow? Or do you want to post them to the internet?

I don't want a slide show either. I would like to keep every thing a format where I don't have to reply on people having a copy of MS Power Point or some other funky software to be able to run. It's bad enough that my father is leading the way with the family tree software which is Mac Based.
I rather keep them in the family. Like will be keeping one copy of my RAID. There will be another copy left on my fathers computer.
Plus we will be distributing these with every one else in the family.

I am after some thing where I do not post images on to the internet. This is my family history we are talking about. I really do not want to be using any type of face books or myspace account. I have a hard enough time trying to track people email address, let along getting them to post some thing on a social networking site.

I am also going to need to do some thing sooner rather that later as my I only have one grandparent left.

It will take a long time but once it is done it works great. My dad uses it and has thousands of family pictures. I can say I want to see all pictures with me and via the tags I can pull all pictures up I have been tagged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom