[RUMOR] Canon Eos 1D Mark IV Tested (specs revealed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
Wow i can't wait for this camera. With the added ISO support and improved AF (over the 1D3's bugged af) looks like its going to be a nice upgrade.

Canon 1D Mark IV Being Tested (Specs Revealed) Photography Bay | Digital Camera Reviews, News and Resources

516285025_tbSdZ-M.jpg

Northlight Images got a tip from a supposed tester of the Canon 1D Mark IV who had a lot of good things to say about the new camera. Along with the tip that the camera is out in the wild comes some news of specs. No word on how reliable this info is, but here's the specs:

* 1.3 crop
* Images ~16MP
* ISO 50-26500
* 8MP sRAW1 format providing images that seem to best 1D3 files in detail (typo corrected)
* Very clean images at ISO 3200. 6400/12800 take further processing very well
* Slightly faster FPS than 1D3 in real life shooting
* AF greatly improved and very good in low light (actual comment was "Nikon fast"
* Liveview AF - not up to fast sports use, but very usable otherwise
* Video as with 5D2
* Screen as per 5D2
* Ergonomic improvements with grips - some buttons moved
* Feels faster and more responsive in nearly all aspects of real use.

Um. Wow. WOW.

It's going to have the same quality video as the 5D MkII? That's a beast of a camera...

No kidding, the 5D2 is an amazing camera, but this is going to be a killer if these specs are real.

No kidding, when i saw that my eyes just about rolled out of my head onto the floor

Yea the 26500 is cool and all but none will ever use it wonder if this cam can over take nikon in noise handeling

The Canon 5D2 already beats Nikon in noise handling. Only at 12800 does the D3 appear to be better than the 5D2, but that's because they "soften" the image which the 5D2 doesn't. Because of this you lose color depth, which is often a trade off for less noise. Being a user of both cameras i like the way the 5D2 functions in a real-world application over the D3 although both are amazing cameras to say the least (except for D3 shutter....dang D3 shutter...why oh why have you done this to me so many times? :p )

AnandTech: First Look: Canon 5D Mark II

The Canon 5D2 already beats Nikon in noise handling. Only at 12800 does the D3 appear to be better than the 5D2, but that's because they "soften" the image which the 5D2 doesn't. Because of this you lose color depth, which is often a trade off for less noise. Being a user of both cameras i like the way the 5D2 functions in a real-world application over the D3 although both are amazing cameras to say the least (except for D3 shutter....dang D3 shutter...why oh why have you done this to me so many times? :p )

AnandTech: First Look: Canon 5D Mark II

wahwe woh wah wuuu

they compare the d700 it does not have the same noise handeling as the d3/d300/d90 does

wahwe woh wah wuuu

they compare the d700 it does not have the same noise handeling as the d3/d300/d90 does

woah hwa heoh aoe

The D700 and D3 both use the Nikon FX format sensor and are identical with each other in every aspect, while the D300 uses the DX. Keep in mind that the DX is digital sensor while FX is a full frame sensor. And thus the D700 and D3 are equal in every aspect concerning noise.(considering they have the same insides)

What's more, you are correct that the D700/D3 don't have the same noise handling as the D300 and D90, it's superior to that of the DX sensors, so you really didn't help your argument much in proving that the 5D2 is inferior.

A quick comparison of the D700/D300/D3

Nikon D3, D700 and D300 ISO 3,200 Comparison

the diference can allready be spotted between the d3 and d700 in noise handeling. the d700 has a birghter image and you loose alot of detail on the white section of the monkeys face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom