[RUMOR] Canon Eos 1D Mark IV Tested (specs revealed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the diference can allready be spotted between the d3 and d700 in noise handeling. the d700 has a birghter image and you loose alot of detail on the white section of the monkeys face.

I'm sorry but you are flat wrong on this. You must be looking at the picture of the D300. The D3/D700 images CAN'T be different....everything is the same. Same sensor, same image processor, same everything (that matters for image quality anyway)

D3 Specs:
Nikon D3 Review: 2. Specifications: Digital Photography Review

D700 Specs:
Nikon D700 Review: 2. Specifications: Digital Photography Review

Go and compare the two, they are identical outside of some of the cosmetics and shutter life.

So basically 99.99999 percent of people on the planet could only afford that camera if they took out a Loan ? Wow.. a loan for a camera. Interesting concept.

Still, if i ever have the spare money.. I'd get one without a seconds hesitation. Although, the camera would be somewhat ruined with my lack of skill and understanding :p

I'm sorry but you are flat wrong on this. You must be looking at the picture of the D300. The D3/D700 images CAN'T be different....everything is the same. Same sensor, same image processor, same everything (that matters for image quality anyway)

The image output from the two is slightly different. The sensor is only part of it. With different filters, microlenses etc., the sharpness and image quality came be different.

Comparison of two cameras - same sensor:
Nikon D3x Review: 29. Compared to (RAW): Digital Photography Review
Nikon D90 Review: 33. Compared to (RAW): Digital Photography Review

The image output from the two is slightly different. The sensor is only part of it. With different filters, microlenses etc., the sharpness and image quality came be different.

Comparison of two cameras - same sensor:
Nikon D3x Review: 29. Compared to (RAW): Digital Photography Review
Nikon D90 Review: 33. Compared to (RAW): Digital Photography Review

That's comparing the D3 with the D90, D300, and Sony DLSR900. My comparison and point is with the D3 vs the D700, in which case they are the same.

Seems like a pretty logical step for Canon, nothing surprising. I just wish they dumped the APS-H sensor, it's a dog..

Can't use the super wide EF-S lenses, the EF superwides aren't super wide anymore, the closest thing to wide angle on a 1D is the 14mm.

The sigma 12-24 doesn't count, that thing is AWFUL.

What would really be a sports/PJ photogs dream is 8-10MP, full frame, ISO 51,200 with a usable 25,600.

As it is, the D3/700/5DII + any f/1.4 lens is practically night vision.

That's comparing the D3 with the D90, D300, and Sony DLSR900. My comparison and point is with the D3 vs the D700, in which case they are the same.

The D90 and D300 / D3X and A900 are compared. Both of examples share the same sensor but the image quality is different. The D700 and D3 have the same sensor but they are different. They don't use the same filters. You can't look at a quick overview of the specifications to make a comparison.

Well now that the 1D Mark IV has been announced, i'm pretty sure that most everyone is disappointed!

finally (hopefully) functional AF, 16MP, still APS-H, video (duh), and high ISO that's really only as good as the D3/700. The D3s is still better at high ISO.

I was really hoping that canon would have made something better than what is effectively a 1D MarkIIIN with more megapixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom