Photo tagging/organization software recommendations? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Digital Photography and Imaging
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2017, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to GLaDOS
Question Photo tagging/organization software recommendations?

Hi all,

Looking for some recommendations to help my mom for Christmas. She has a lot of digital family photos she'd like to organize and these live in a huge number of different sub-directories that no longer have context .

My mom uses a Windows 10 PC and isn't very tech-savy so I'm trying to find something that will work locally vs. a Google Photos-type cloud solution. Ideally, I'm looking for an application that can traverse the Photo's library and do facial-tagging and possibly time and geo-location tagging as well. Picasa seemed to have been a great tool for this, but appears to have been discontinued. Is there something similar out there that is recommended?

Appreciate any help and suggestions! Thanks!

« Good Camera? | - »