Photo Manipulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy_rocker

Baseband Member
So i was wondering if some of you photographers out there like to do manipulations with your photos using photoshop and what not. I am really interested in seeing pictures that you all have taken and may have altered or manipulated. If so please post some them.

Here is one of my pictures :)

This one is the original and the bottom is the altered one.

GEDC0420.jpg

magic.jpg

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the altered version. It looks like it was taken with a bad camera at full saturation settings :p

I don't even remember what i did to alter it. I usually just go with the flow. I think it kinda looks magical lol, but hey not everyone is gonna like it. I can kinda see what you are saying though.

Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the altered version. It looks like it was taken with a bad camera at full saturation settings :p

Kinda depends on what effect you're going for. If you're going for a 'fantasy' look, or even nearing a 'horror' look in a way... then it can be a good manipulation. For realism, then no, since it's manipulated highly :p.

Kinda depends on what effect you're going for. If you're going for a 'fantasy' look, or even nearing a 'horror' look in a way... then it can be a good manipulation.

I wasn't really going for a realistic look at all. I usually don't with my manipulations. This was leaning towards more of a fantasy look. This may not be my best example. I have other forest pictures that are a little more on the fantasy side i think.

I like it :thumbsup:
I'd add a depth of field thing to it too.. make the trees in the background blurred a little.

I used to do Photoshop a lot. Not so much anymore, and ever with pictures.. Mine have always been from scratch (see my Avatar icon.. one of my oldest photoshops.. And still one of my best IMO :tongue:)

You made your avatar? That's awesome! I wish i had the kind of talent to do that. I'm not really all that good with drawing and what not though, and while i have a lot of knowledge in photoshop i do have a lot more to learn. I'm mainly good with layouts and manipulations.

Here's another one i did came out kinda interesting....It was taken in the spring

eg94d0.jpg

Original^

2a4oj1f.jpg

Altered^

You made your avatar? That's awesome! I wish i had the kind of talent to do that. I'm not really all that good with drawing and what not though, and while i have a lot of knowledge in photoshop i do have a lot more to learn. I'm mainly good with layouts and manipulations.

With PhotoShop, most of it is using brushes and different blending styles, not necessarily "drawing" (unless you have a tablet to actually draw with).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom