Official Tech-Forums Post Your "Picture of the Day" Thread! (56k Warning)

Camera Nikon D90
Exposure 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture f/4.5
Focal Length 28 mm
ISO Speed 400
s0vg9w.jpg

took this with the very very old nikon 28-85mm 3.5 macro from the 80's. really cool lens but it has a few flaws. it was given to me as a gift and with out a decent zoom atm i am loving it.

Which 28-85 is that? i know nikon made one with like a 1:2 macro, or it might be a 28-105, can't remember, anywho, that's an awesome picture, the spider looks almost camouflaged!

4991752317_92699799bd_b.jpg

It's been way too long since i've gone and shot pictures for me.

http://www.adorama.com/images/product/US_NKZA2885.JPG

thats the one it only macro's at 28mm and has very litle focus capability you actualy have to move the camera to get focus with it i find. it suffers from a slow af, and very bad ghosting on digital body with light sources but other then that it is exclent lens.

also yea nice pic i tried to add you on flickr ive been keeping an eye on your stuff as i love it and i saw bagdad pic this morning.

Speaking of old lenses, this is the one I was talking about when I was trying to pick a new DSLR. I finally found information on it, which was actually hard because all that kept coming up was the AF version. Anyway, I have been shooting with it almost exclusively the last few days as I am trying to get quicker with MF. If I am not mistaken it was offered for a limited time as a kit lens. Overall what I have found about it is it is an extremely sharp lens for the cost (~$60 today) however that lacks all the fun features like AF and SWM and all those other fancy Shenanigans.

(Obviously shown with a rubber hood, Also has a Tiffen Haze filter on it in the picture and the rear cover.)
lens.jpg

The 50mm f/1.8 was a great lens, i have a friend with a series E version, it sucks wide open, but other than that it's great! I remember it was next to impossible to focus it correctly on my D70s that I had, the viewfinder was way too dark and small to see fine focus, and the fact that DSLR focus screens only show up to about f/4 DOF regardless of lens attached didn't help at all.

I was actually shooting with my manual focus 50mm f/1.8, except it's the Canon FD mount one. I use it on my Olympus E-P1 sometimes. It's like the Nikon series E one, just blows wide open, but it's amazing at f/5.6. I wish i had the camera with me, so i could show you what it looks like with the lens and the leather body jacket i have for it because it looks f*ckin' pimp with it on. That will be the next photo i upload on here!

Anywho, here's a picture i shot with it today actually, WITH the FD 50mm f/1.8 on it:

4997282889_b58c00e45c_o.jpg

self portrait i did that i like also featuring my new hair cut lol. i did it myself :D

157j9qf.jpg

Camera Nikon D90
Exposure 0.05 sec (1/20)
Aperture f/2.2
Focal Length 50 mm
ISO Speed 400

DSCF4081.jpg

Camera Fuji F200 EXR in 12mp resolution mode.
Exposure: 8 seconds
ISO: 100

Will look for the rest in a bit, that's all i can remember off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom