Official Tech-Forums Post Your "Picture of the Day" Thread! (56k Warning)

It's not really HDR, nowhere near.

THIS is what HDR is supposed to look like:

1156912539_ecd588a316.jpg

Actually, this is a better example.

1103684653_c1ea1a2165_z.jpg

Cool, but ridiculous and really excessive. At least in my opinion.

I actually prefer the iPhone version. It just makes normal pictures look better, if the iPhone made every picture look like that I'd never use it except for artistic pictures - the kind people use for desktop backgrounds.

Just telling you how HDR really works, that's all. I would call the HDR thing on the iPhone a photo touch-up more than an HDR.

Just been trying out iPhone 4's new HDR mode (I'm not sure it's even real HDR). It's obviously not a perfect technology, but overall it gets the thumbs up.

Notice the improvement in sky detail, but the text on the sign is obviously distorted no doubt to me moving whilst taking the pictures (maybe it does take more than one picture after all). The sky also has an odd grain to it.

The difference in the sky is amazing and I can tell the trees apart much easier BUT the tree in the foreground, the yellow lines behind the tree and the sign all look poor.

Just thinking, how do i mount my phone on a tripod ? without gluing or taping it. I don't particularly want sticky gunk all over my phone.

Back
Top Bottom