Official Tech-Forums Post Your "Picture of the Day" Thread! (56k Warning)

Well i took 967 photo's in Majorca on my holiday. Give me some time to take a look through them all, and who knows maybe there is a good pic in there.

Well here is a pic of a dude on a beach that made an awesome sand castle. Took the pic in color too but for some reason decided it looked nicer in b and w.

blackwhitepic.jpg

Cant get exif at the mo, was imported to my iPad and then uploaded using photobucket app and so the exif data appears to of been lost in that process somewhere. I'll have to search for it on my sisters laptop later, it was the only laptop on holiday that we took, so all the photo's should be on there.

photo.jpg

I know it's supposed to be 1 pic a day, but I've missed 7 days out from holiday :p That pic is the edge of the port where the speed limit ends, it's pretty awesome we went on a speedboat trip which was a Rib with two 250hp engines on it, it was a 10minute journey at 5mph to the edge of the port and then the guy flawed it. 500hp on a inflatable boat is awesome.

as above about exif.

edit:

This is a really random and obviously stupid thing to say, but if someone can invent a camera that lets you have a fast 1/4000th shutter and low ISO and capture no less light than with normal shutter speeds, please let me know. I really like taking photo's with fast shutter speed (my Fuji F200 only goes up to 1/1000th and i need ISO 400+ to get a just-about-serviceable picture in cloudy daylight), but physics gets in my way :(

This is just me but i would crop the bottom of the image out, to get rid of the rock thats sticking up in the bottom middle of the picture.

1001208editresized.png

Camera: Kodak Z1275
f-stop: f/2.8
Exposure time: 1/3 sec
ISO- 400

Definitely not the greatest shot ever, I took it with the smart scene mode with no flash. I normally use the manual setting mode, but it doesn't allow me to change the exposure (you can see the exposure setting, but you can't change it). So I can't do things with long exposure times (or short for that matter) because the exposure changes to extremes normally making the image almost all white or black :(. I really should just use manual all the time though, this one has weird graniness in the parts that aren't in focus

Just been trying out iPhone 4's new HDR mode (I'm not sure it's even real HDR). It's obviously not a perfect technology, but overall it gets the thumbs up.

HDR Off:

hdroff.jpg

HDR On:

hdron.jpg

Notice the improvement in sky detail, but the text on the sign is obviously distorted no doubt to me moving whilst taking the pictures (maybe it does take more than one picture after all). The sky also has an odd grain to it.

Back
Top Bottom