Official Tech-Forums Post Your "Picture of the Day" Thread! (56k Warning)

4240599607_9912cba237_b.jpg

ISO 80
F8.0
DSC-H50

One of my pics from my trip to Ireland.

4290282906_8552e5ee18_o.jpg

I haven't left my house with the sole intent of shooting pictures in over two months and I feel guilty.

A photographer named Zack Arias, made a video for ScottKelby.com titled "Transform". Essentially the short video is about the dips in creativity and drive as a photographer and artist in general. We all go through some point or another where we analyze our peers and convince ourselves we're inadequate hacks, or hate what we do, and see how far we have to go.

"why on god's great green earth do we have this insatiable desire to compare ourselves with others?"

It's in these winter months, when sheltered inside away from the weather where I stop to look back on what I had or had not accomplished, and relate that to my peers in the last year. I look back and think what was I doing? why didn't I do this? Where did the time go?

It seems like all i could remember was work, school, and relationships.

How am I a different photographer this last year, than I was year before that?

This is beyond equipment, it's not that one lens, it's not that one camera, it took time to figure out that it's not the tool, "The camera doesn't have a Richard Avedon button on it, does it?" If anything, the tools can make it worse. because instead of naturally feeding that void with something healthy, you shove filler into it, and you try to live off the filler, but at the end of the day your exhausted because your not feeding your creativity what it needs.

So then we get stuck....what does it need?

"Be patient, don't rush, chill out, you are on your way."

Wow Switch, the sky looks amazing!
1000858.png

Camera: Kodak Z1275
F-stop: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 1/6 sec.
ISO: 100
Max Aperature: 3
Focal Length: 8mm

Would have liked the middle of the battery to be in focus more, couldn't get it right though. Was changing the batteries in my camera and decided to take a shot of one, thought it was kind of cool since it's like the life of the battery.

4268650270_d0c3a012a3_b.jpg

Camera: Nikon D300
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 60 mm
ISO Speed: 400

That's a neat texture :)

Wow Switch, the sky looks amazing!
1000858.png

Camera: Kodak Z1275
F-stop: f/2.8
Exposure Time: 1/6 sec.
ISO: 100
Max Aperature: 3
Focal Length: 8mm

Would have liked the middle of the battery to be in focus more, couldn't get it right though. Was changing the batteries in my camera and decided to take a shot of one, thought it was kind of cool since it's like the life of the battery.

Thanks! since the back of the battery is more in focus, when the camera isn't doing what you want, move back or fourth to get what you want in focus, so on this one, if you moved back about an inch, the center of the battery would have been in focus. Try it!

Experiments with shooting in the square format and "Big Sky".

All shot on the Panny GF1 with the 14-45 OIS at f/8 (should have used 5.6, it would have been sharper)

4305750542_94ffd86f32_o.jpg

"Old Folks"
4305750486_5d4e652f52_o.jpg

"Young Folks"
4305750510_bb89715091_o.jpg

Thanks for the tip Switch, I'll try that next time :).

Young Folks is awesome, the colors on the sky and building (windows) are almost opposite but look so good together.

Back
Top Bottom