Official Tech-Forums Post Your "Picture of the Day" Thread! (56k Warning)

I hate to point out something that is probably quite obvious,But..surely if you guys are all posting edits of each others photo's and you all have different monitors, which are no doubt all set up differently, how the picture looks for each of you is going to be different ? So something that looks too contrasty on one persons monitor will look like it has too little contrast on someone Else's.

Or do you all have several thousand dollar perfectly set up monitors :p ?

The change between monitors isn't changing the photos as drastically as you think they are. People point out the corrections others make to photos accurately. Which must me they are seeing results very similar to those on your own screen.

The change between monitors isn't changing the photos as drastically as you think they are. People point out the corrections others make to photos accurately. Which must me they are seeing results very similar to those on your own screen.

I guess.

Still, just an oberservation to remember.

I get monitor profiles from people with the same monitor who have had them calibrated with a Colorimeter.

Edit: Found some great advice for good pictures. Use Flash.

2137a9950nf3.jpg

Awesome advice! Now I have to go find a flash I can use...hmmm

Only photos I really take are of bikes and motocross ;). This one has been in PS, I'll post the properties of the original version though.
Camera: Kodak Z1275 Digi cam
Exposure time: 1/50 sec (automated)
Iso speed: ISO-400 (automated)
Focal length: 8mm
Max aperature: 3
1000477.png

Yeah my bike is in my room :p

3839228738_b35cc76db1_b.jpg

Looked outside my window and what do you know, a willing model.

Camera: Canon Kiss X2
Lens: Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/3.5-5.6 telephoto
Shutter: 1/30
Aperture: 8.0
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 250mm

Just more stuff I was messing around with the other night. No editing, maybe I should have. Lol.

writing.jpg

Camera: Canon EOS Rebel XS 10.1mp
Exposure: 20.0sec
Aperture: f/10
Focal Length: 18mm
ISO: 400
Lens: Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

HDD HDR:

3840801471_64a3cabd20_b.jpg

Sorry I never know the settings when I take my pictures. I just take them.

Wow that looks cool! I love what HDR does to some photos, makes them look like the most details video game ever haha. When you put your photos on your computer, you can see what the settings are by looking at the details in their properties (right click).

wow, thanks! Never knew that.

It's an HDR, so there are no settings, but for the original photo without the under/over exposure:

Camera: Sony DSC-N1 point-n-shoot
Focal Length: 8mm
Aperture: F/2.8
Exposure time: 10 sec.
ISO Speed: 64

Back
Top Bottom