Looking at picking up a Flash gun for my Pentax DSLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Well after a fair bit of research into the matter, and on a fairly tight budget my options were:

Amazon.com: Metz 48 AF-1 Shoe Mount Flash for Pentax / Samsung Digital Cameras, Guide Number 158': Gateway

Amazon.com: Pentax AF 360 FGZ Flash for Pentax and Samsung Digital SLR Cameras (w/ case): Gateway

Amazon.com: Sigma EF-530 DG Super Electronic Flash for Pentax and Samsung DSLR: Camera & Photo

Now, the Pentax does not include wireless sync or side to side swivel.

I used to own a Sigma Film flash and was not impressed with the build quality or the fact that the flash liked to burn it's internal reflector and then smell like burnt plastic.

So my real number one choice is looking like the Metz 48, just curious if anyone has any experience with the brand or thoughts on my dilemma.

Cheers.

i dont know much about hot shoe's. i shoot nikon and they have good ones across all price ranges. from what i understand if you had problems with sigma before then by all means avoid them. i havent even herd of metz but it looks like a good flash with. the only things i know to look for in a flash is can it be a wireless commander and does it have a swivel. if it has both of those for that price grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom