Help on choosing a new camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

up-smash

In Runtime
I'm looking for a new camera, but I don't know which camera to get or know much about cameras :p.

I do know that I want:

*Digital
*Crank out a lot of megapixels
*size doesn't matter, although I like the bigger ones
*budget of $500

Personally, I'd get the SX20 over that one, if I'm going to get a point and shoot, I want some zoom that doesn't distort. :p

I like to think of those types of cameras as pre-DSLRs. Not quite either POS or DSLR.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

The main reason I want a camera is to take high quality pictures of the different parts of my computer, because I'm writing a little e-journal of changing all my computer parts, and painting the case. I'll be doing some in-door candid shots as well.

I'm looking for a new camera, but I don't know which camera to get or know much about cameras :p.

I do know that I want:

*Digital
*Crank out a lot of megapixels
*size doesn't matter, although I like the bigger ones
*budget of $500

You can get a D40 for $450, and the IQ will blow away pretty much any point and shoot.

if ur looking at the d40 id recomend the pentax k100d over it is in the same range as the d40 handles noise better and has the very well desired top monted lcd.

if ur looking at the d40 id recomend the pentax k100d over it is in the same range as the d40 handles noise better and has the very well desired top monted lcd.

The use of AA batteries alone as the power source is reason enough not to shoot a K100/200D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom